Saturday, June 23, 2012

Bonjour.

No hablo frances.

Well, it has happened again..  Our first day in a new city was pretty much a disaster haha.  It wasn't really that bad but it was so exhausting and interesting.  To start the day off right we had to catch a bus at 6:30 this morning.  Summer was going to get a cab and then pick me up at my house at 6:00.  I waited until 6:10 and still no Summer, so finally I just made the decision to go to the bus station without her because I didn't know what else to do.  I had no way of contacting her because my Spanish cell phone belonged to my host mom and I had to give it to her before I left.  I was walking to the main road with all my freaking luggage and seriously no cabs in site, which is very ironic because they are a MILLION taxis in Oviedo.  But of course when I actually need one I can't get one.  I was pretty much almost there and finally I saw a taxi and got in.  I arrived at the bus station at 6:20 and Andrea just looks at me and says, "where is summer?"  So we waited until 6:30 and we just had to leave without Summer....

Thankfully we had wifi on the bus so Summer messaged me and let me know that she slept in and that she caught the bus at 7:30.  We had a flight at 2:40 and she would be arriving to Madrid at 1:00 and had to take a taxi to the airport so she was cutting it close.  Andrea and I had a good ride on the bus because it had tv's for each person and we were served all this food!  I watched One Day and Rio in Spanish (:

We arrived at the airport and got all settled in and just waited at our gate to see if Summer would make it in time.  Finally, I heard Summer say "hola chicas guapas."  I was very relieved to have everyone together again.  The flight was very uneventful and we arrived safely in Paris.  The airport was so laid back and chill.

We took the train to the stop which we thought was our hotel location.  We meet this cute old couple from San Diego and they helped us know which stop to get off at.  We transferred trains and arrived at our location... or so we thought.  We seriously walked around for twenty minutes trying to figure out where to go from there.  We wanted to get a cab so we could just go straight to our hotel.  I seriously felt like I was in a completely new world because we couldn't understand anyone.  I have never felt like that. 

Long story short we ended up walking around for FOUR hours before we got to our hotel.  Apparently there are no cabs in the area we are staying!  You need a number to call the taxi and they will pick you up, but no one here knows the freaking number!  We talked to three different people and they all told us different things about where to go for our hotel.  Finally, I found a taxi and we jumped in and finally got to the hotel. 

We were so exhausted.

I seriously lugged around a 50 pound bag and then a 30 pound duffle bag.  I wanted to die, my hands are so sore from holding my luggage and my arms as well.  Our hotel is so tiny but it is so perfect for us.  I really love it because it is cozy and super clean.  We settled in and then went to the grocery store to buy some food.  I cannot wait to get some sleep tonight since I slept three hours last night. Tomorrow we are going site seeing and I am pumped!!

Crackas in Paris



Our cute little room


No comments:

Post a Comment