Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Last Excursion




Today was our last excursion and it was the best one we have had.  We started off by going to a church, San Julian de los Prados, which was built in the first part of the 9th century.  The church was very beautiful; the restoration for the church was completed in 1984.  We weren’t allowed to take pictures inside the church or else I would be posting them. 

After the church we had a decision to make.  It had been rainy and cloudy all day but the plan was to go canoeing down the Sella River.  So the director of the group asked us what we wanted to do and of course everyone agreed that we still wanted to go canoeing! 
After the two hour bus ride we arrived at the river and it wasn’t raining, which we were very happy about!  We started on the river and it was SO BEAUTIFUL.  It was perfect; we were in the mountains surrounded by all this green and all my friends.  On our way down the river we made a pack of canoes and just let the current take us down stream.  Then, we reached a good place with rocks and we stopped and ate our lunch.  The lunch was interesting just like all the food I’ve had in Spain.  Once we started down the river again it started to pour rain!  I enjoyed it though because I love the rain.  This time we paddled the whole time until we finished.  I was feeling pretty good because I had a wet suit on, which I looked completely ridiculous in haha. 
The day was so perfect and it is hard to put it into words.  I am so sad that this is my last Saturday here in Oviedo, next Saturday I will be arriving in Paris (which is pretty cool too haha).  I am pretty excited for tonight as well.  Our professor, who is the director of the program, told us that he would take us to the best discotecas and clubs in Oviedo and then if we last until the morning he will buy us all breakfast.  He is great.  I love Spain so much and am so happy I had this opportunity to travel here.  I truly am blessed.
Our Sexy Wetsuits


Matching Shoes

This is me and my adorable Spanish teacher!  She is one of the best teachers I have had.  I love her so much!  Her name is Concha and she is a sweetheart.  She was so nervous for this excursion but I am pretty sure she enjoyed herself, even though she got stuck in the rocks a few times (:  I keep telling Tim that they need to move Concha to Utah so she can be my Spanish teacher in the fall.


*Please excuse my English, the more I study Spanish the worse it gets.

No comments:

Post a Comment