Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Midnight in Paris



After three days in Paris I have decided that it is my favorite city that I have visited.  I wish I had more time to spend there!  I love Paris so much!  From running around in the pouring rain and eating the most delicious crepes ever, it has been everything I wanted it to be.  It was the perfect way to end our amazing trip.

 

Monday, June 25


Monday was freaking insane! I don’t even know how we saw everything that we did.  We left our hotel at 10:30 am and arrived at our hotel that night at 12:30 am.  We went hard all day (:  Our first stop was the Moulin Rouge.  I was very excited for this because I love this movie so much.  It was everything I pictured it to be.  I wish we would have planned better so that we could have seen a show there but that’s okay. I would love to return with my older sister in the future because she loves Paris.  I thought about her the whole time and just wished that she could have experienced this with me! 
Crazy guy
After the Moulin Rouge we went up to this church named La Basilique de Sacré Coeur de Montmartre, because it has the best view of the city.  We learned about this church from our friend Gabriel, who we actually met in London but lives in Paris.  The church was so beautiful and the view was spectacular; I got chills.  Right in front of the view of the city there is a light post and a man actually climbs up to the top of it and juggles a soccer ball.  It was a little terrifying but amazing; I couldn’t even believe it! 


Once we left this area we went to hit up the Eiffel Tower for round two.  We went to the Eiffel Tower the day before in the pouring rain but decided we had to return when it was sunny.  The area around the Eiffel Tower is so beautiful because it is surrounded by a garden.  Just so you guys are aware the Eiffel Tower in Vegas doesn’t even compare to the real one. 
Round 1
Round 2









   








After the Eiffel Tower we kept on moving and our next stop was Norte Dame.  I’ll be honestly the only reason I was excited about this one was because of the Disney movie, “The Hunchback of Norte Dame.”  When we stepped off of the metro and I only recognized it was because of that movie!  It was the most beautiful cathedral that I have seen so far in Europe.  All around the cathedral there are guards and they are just chilling with their guns!  It was very different to see that.  I wanted a picture with them but I was nervous because they were a little intimidating. 
Norte Dame

From there we ventured to Lover’s Bridge and the real name of it is Pont des Arts.  On our way to it I had a moment where I wanted to be Marilyn Monroe but let’s just say that it ended very badly.  It is not as easy as it looks….  That is all I will say about that haha.  “Lover’s Bridge” is where lovers fasten padlocks to the railings of the Pont des Arts bridge.  The couple then tosses the keys into the Seine River below, which symbolizes their eternal love.  It is such a cute concept and I am a sucker for romance.  This was probably one of my favorite things that we saw.  The bridge is actually right behind the Louvre (which we saw on Sunday) but we headed over there again to see it once more.   Andrea needed to finish her shopping so we went to Champs-Élysées.  IT WAS INSANE.  Seriously, next time I come to Europe I am bringing millions of dollars with me and going shopping there.  I saw the ugliest high heels for 1500 euros! Ridiculous.  We finished walking around the shops and we had to meet our friend, Gabriel for dinner!  He seriously is the nicest guy ever and he helped us out so much this trip. 
Lover's Bridge

Once we meet up with him he showed us the university that he goes to and then he took us to the Luxembourg Gardens.  It was so breathtaking. From there we headed to dinner at this place which is modeled after a medieval dungeon.  The only light we had was the candle light on the table; I was a little creeped out.  I was just waiting for a rat to run across the floor!  However, the food was yummy and the conversation was great. 
We finally learned some helpful French words.  After the most delicious dessert we headed to the Eiffel Tower AGAIN because we had to see it at night.  Every hour the Eiffel Tower lights up and just twinkles for five minutes.  Unfortunately, we barely missed the 10:00 one by two minutes!  We took some fun pictures and then decided that we were going to go up to the top!  It was only 9 euros so of course we had too.  The first part you can choose whether you want to take an elevator or climb up the stairs.  We decided to take the stairs which was exhausting.  There are three levels to the tower: the first one has gifts and restaurants, the second has gifts and tickets and then the third is the very top.  When we got to the second level it was time to take the elevator up to the very top.  I wasn’t nervous until we actually stepped onto the elevator and started to go up.  The view was so beautiful, I can’t even describe it.  My hands and feet were sweating so badly though.  Finally, we reached the top and I could breathe again haha.  Once you reach the top you climb up one more flight of stairs and you can see everything.  I am so glad we decided to go at night because it was gorgeous and very romantic (:   On our way down the stairs it was 11:50 and the lights turned on in ten minutes.  We seriously sprinted down all the flights of stairs so we could see it in time.  It looked light a giant twinkling Christmas tree; it was soooooooo stunning.
*yopo:  you only Paris once
  This picture isn't the best but it gets the point across.

No comments:

Post a Comment